2. You consent the collection of your data.
4. You Must Not Be A Minor.
5. What Do We Collect.
5.1. Personal information.
5.2. Non-Personal Information.
6. How and When Do We Collect.
7. Financial information.
8. Why Do We Collect.
9. We disclose your information.
10. We retain your information.
13. Third Party Terms.
14. Where Do We Store Or Process Your Personal Information?
15. You Can Access and Correct Your Information.
17. Contact and Dispute Resolution.
1st version. In force.
This policy was last updated on 25th July 2018.
- You consent the collection of your data:
- You Must Not Be A Minor:
You represent that you are not a minor, or in any event below 18 years old. In the event, if we notice a minor accessing our Website and/or the services, we may delete his/her information immediately without any prior notice. Any young users below 18 years of age must only use STS under the authority and supervision of their parent or guardian.
- What Do We Collect:
- Personal information:
- Non-Personal Information:
Apart from your personal information, we collect some non-personal information from you. The non-personal information cannot be used to identify you as an individual. Error logs, analytics report, crash reports, activity reports are some of the examples of the non-personal information that we collect from our users. Any information collected from you, excluding the information which can be used to identify you as a living individual, is your non-personal information. These are mainly logs and reports that do not identify you individually. We may also collect some non-personal information through questionnaires or surveys targeted to our users. Our partner companies may also collect the non-personal information from you and share them with us.
- How and When Do We Collect:
- Personal Information:
- We collect your personal information, including without limitation, at the time you create your profile on the Website, place an order, raise a dispute, send us a communication, report an issue, and seek our technical support. We advise you to not share your personal information in the chat, forums, and reviews or at any other place on the Website unless it is required in connection with our services. If you are using our Website, we may automatically collect some information such as your device name and unique identifier, browser type, and operating system details etcetera. We may need the access to your contacts, gallery, social media apps, calendar, map, and alarm. Further, you can sign in to your account using your social media profiles such as Facebook or Google+. If you log in using any social media platform, we shall collect your name, contact details, friend list and profile photo, depending on the privacy settings of your social media account.
- You share your personal information when you register which subscribes you to our newsletters, send us a communication, or seek any technical support. In the event, if you register, we collect your e-mail id and name. In the event of a technical support, you share your email id and contact details with us.
- Depending on the nature of the issue, we may request you to provide some additional information such as a print-screen of the issue, your IP address, Internet Service Provider details, and data speed.
- A user may enquire about his past orders, payment status, cancellation requests, or disputes depending on his or her need. Please note that we may collect your phone number, date and time of the call, duration and the details of the communication.
- Please note that third party advertising agencies may collect anonymous information about your visits to our website, and your interaction with our products and services. The information under this section is collected with the help of the cookies installed on your storage or device. They may also use information about your visits to this and other websites to target advertisements for goods and services. This anonymous information is collected through the use of a ‘Pixel Tag’, which is industry standard technology used by most major websites. No personally identifiable information is collected or used in this process. Such third parties do not know your name, phone number, address, email address, or any personally identifying information. These third party websites can also install cookies on your storage or device at the time you click on the advertisement you are interested in. Please note that we do not have control over these third party cookies.
- The third party ad serving agencies collect the non-personal information from your visit and interaction with the website to target ads. These third parties may collect device id, MAC address, hardware type, operating system information, browser information, unique identifiers in browser cookies etcetera. We may also participate in the system where non-personal information collected with the help of cookies is shared with third parties to target ads. These third parties may categorize the information on the basis of various factors.
- Non-Personal Information:
Our system may automatically generate logs and error reports based on the activities of our users. The non-personal information is also collected by us when you permit your system to send an error and/or crash report to us.
- Financial information:
With specific reference to payment details, please note that STS does not store your bank details or debit/credit card information which you use while making a payment. We avail the services of third-party payment gateways for processing the payments. All these third party payment gateways use standard security protocol for establishing encrypted links between a web server and a browser referred to as Secured Socket Layer (SSL) to keep your bank and card details protected. The payment gateways may, however, store some information that is necessary to process the refunds, cancellations or chargebacks. In the case of refunds and cancellations, the payment is credited back to the bank account or the card through which the payment was made by a user. The payment gateways may store the transaction id to identify the transactions done by you and process the refunds.
- Why Do We Collect:
- Services: The personal information, such as your full name, address, contact details, etcetera, is required to manage our services. Your personal information helps us in managing your guarantor details, ratings, teachcoins, and payment details etcetera. Your personal information is used to manage your profile on the Website. The data provided at the time of registration is referred to as the Registration Data. We also use your Registration Data to authenticate your account. We may send you One Time Password (OTP) on your mobile number of the email address.
- Communication: We use your contact details to correspond with you in connection with your activities on the Website as well as in the case of privacy breach. We may also send you the details of the best offers or the deals that might interest you. Among others, we may send a communication to you in connection with:
- Analytics: Your personal and non-personal information is also used to do some back-end calculations like managing traffic on our website, developing updates, managing our user sessions, remembering preferences, developing the solution to the issues encountered by our users, and do an analysis of the logs to form an opinion about the possible updates etc. We may use thirds party tools or analytics software to automatically collect and use certain non-personal data that does not directly enable us to identify you.
- Service development, referral, and marketing: Your personal and non-personal information is used to manage ads, share the commission or referral charges with the third parties. Your reviews and experience shared on the forums can be used to market our services.
- Market research: Your personal and non-personal information can be used to do market research. We may send you some questionnaires or surveys to seek your opinion on the Products and services. We may use the market research reports in developing and improving our Website and the services.
- In addition to the foregoing, we can use your information, inter alia, in report generation, analytics, decision making, preparing questionnaires and surveys, internal management and administrative work, improving content, offering discounts, processing cancellation requests, processing refunds, identifying your interests, managing tasks, setting up timelines, autosuggestions, search result generation, lead generation, granting special offers, and promotions etcetera.
- We disclose your information:
- We do not share your personal information with any third party outside of our Platform for any reason whatsoever except as provided herein. The sharing of your personal information with the entities or Gurus listed with the Platform is the result of your own action. For example, when you get in touch with a Guru, you share your name and your academic details with him. In certain cases, your Guru may request an offline academic session. In such events, if you allow to be the part of such offline events, you share your name, address, contact details with your Guru. Therefore, you understand that you are the master of your personal data, and are solely responsible for limiting its sharing with other users. If you opt to share it with the other persons, the Platform shall allow you to do so.
- Third party service providers such as the payment gateways, and tele-callers shall also have access to your information if we appoint them. Payment gateways need to know the transaction id and card details to process the payment, refunds or chargeback. Tele-callers need to know your contact details to get in touch with you in connection with the issues raised or complaints received. We may also hire independent customer service providers or technical services providers. The customer service providers may contact you in connection with any technical issue you might be experiencing. We may also share certain non-personal information with the third party websites or ad agencies from where you were redirected to our Website. Please note that we may avail the services of ad agencies for promotions to serve ads on our behalf.
- Your information may be shared with the auditors, accountants, lawyers or other staffs of STS in course of the business. The auditors may need to know your information at the time of auditing. The accountants may need to know your information at the time of entering a transaction or finalizing the accounts. Similarly, a lawyer shall have the access to your information in cases of a dispute with STS.
- We do not sell or trade upon the personal information of our users. In certain circumstance, we may need to disclose your personal information in response to a writ. We may also disclose your personal information to the government, court, police, or other law enforcement agencies if it is required by them in connection with detection of a fraud or criminal activities. The disclosure of your personal information shall be done in good faith that the information requested under this section is reasonably required by the requesting party.
- We retain your information:
- We retain the information provided by you for as long as you are registered with us. We shall retain the information for the time necessary to carry out our services unless a longer period is required. We may also retain your personal information for a longer period of time in the case of disputes of any nature whatsoever until their resolution.
- You may request us to delete your personal information from our server by contacting us on our website. Once your personal information is deleted, your registration with us shall stand canceled automatically. We may retain the copy of such requests to meet the legal obligations.
- Once you cancel your registration with us and/or delete your account, your personal information shall be deleted from our server. However, certain information such as the reviews and ratings, and the some of the non-personal information may still be retained by us. You understand and agree that complete removal of your reviews, ratings or forum postings may not be feasible for us.
STS uses Google analytics to understand and manage the traffic on the Website. We may also use third party service providers to run analytics on our Website as part of our strategic planning to improve its efficiency and user satisfaction. Analytics functions are mainly based on the non-personal information and are basically of analytical nature. However, if so needed, we shall also use your personal information for analytical studies. The analytics forms part of our business analysis, operations, business intelligence, product development, optimization, and marketing.
- Session and Permanent Cookies:
- Session cookies help us in managing your session. They help you in using the website easily. They identify you as one user when you browse through different pages of the Website. If we do not have session cookies, the Website will recognize you as a new user on each different page you go through. You may also be asked to provide the same information again and again in absence of the session cookies. The session cookies are temporary. They are used to track your activities on our Website and manage our user sessions. They remember the pages you have visited and allow you an easy navigation. The session cookies are automatically deleted at the time you close your browser.
- Permanent cookies remain in your system for as long as you do not delete them. However, if they reach their expiry date before you delete them manually, they are removed out of your system automatically. They are also called persistent cookies because they persist in your system for a longer period of time. We use the permanent cookies to remember your information and settings. They can also store your password if you click on the option “remember password”. The permanent cookies also remember your language selection, preferred theme, bookmarks, menu preferences, or favorites. The permanent cookies make the use of the Website convenient by allowing an easy login when you visit the Website in future.
- Information collected with the help of Cookies:
- Technical Cookies: The technical cookies help us manage our Website in a better way. Since our Website contains multiple pages, including the user registration page, we need these functional cookies to establish coordination between these different functions.
- Functional cookies: The functional cookies remember your preferences such as country, language selection, and currency. They also remember your user id and password if you have saved them.
- Analytics Cookies: These cookies are used for backend calculations and analysis. In order to serve our users the best, STS continuously tries to improve its website, Website and the services. Using analytics cookies, STS understands and manages the traffic on its Website. Further, the analytics reports are used in understanding a technical issue and developing a solution or updates.
- Third party cookies: Third party websites may install cookies on your system or mobile device. You are requested to read their cookie use policy before visiting or availing any of their services. We do not own or control the third party websites, and therefore, we do not control the cookies transferred and the information collected by a third party website. The third party websites such as payment gateways may also install cookies on your system or mobile device.
- Web beacons:
We use web beacons to understand the traffic pattern on our website. The web beacons are also known as the pixel tags. The pixel tags can be used to identify whether a user has visited us directly or through a hyperlink/advertisement. This helps us in improving the user’s experience on the website.
- Disabling or deleting the cookies:
- Third Party Terms:
- Where Do We Store Or Process Your Personal Information?
Your information is stored in the server hosting STS.
- You Can Access and Correct Your Information:
You have the right to update your personal information you have shared with us. In order to edit your personal information, you will be required visit your account. You may access your account and edit the information such as your name, address, contact details, etc. solely at your convenience. There are no limitations, as such, on the number of times you can edit your personal information. Further, you may also deactivate/delete your account by selecting deactivate your account option. Once deactivated/deleted, you will no longer be in a position to change, edit or update your personal information. In the case of any difficulty, you may send an email to us through the contact section of the website.
You can opt out of certain communications that you receive from STS. These communications contain an opt-out link. The messages contain a number on which you can call and request an opt-out. You may click on the opt-out link to submit your request. Please note that you may continue to receive the prescheduled communication during the opt-out request processing period. Further, please note that you cannot opt out of the communications that are made in connection with your activities on the Website such as order placement, modification, cancelation, and payments etc. You may opt out of our services by canceling your registration or by deleting your account as well. Further, you may also write to us at the email address given below in the case of any difficulty.
- Contact and Dispute Resolution: